Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mundane

It's ok if my blog is mundane sometimes, right?  I mean, that's what the nuts and bolts of life are like--hours and days of same old, same old.  Not that my life is boring.  Last night I took the tape off the walls, arranged furniture, did some touch ups, and feel pretty happy with my color choices so far!  Yay!  And then I walked over to Tom & Bonnie's and Tom gave me fresh green beans, peas, onions, garlic, and dill from the garden.  It was fun to help pick and weed the garden a little bit.  And I love green beans and peas.  The dill is in a vase in the living room and it looks beautiful.

Yesterday was the perfect evening for a walk--just a hint of coolness but perfect light and not a breath of wind.  It's the kind of day where you want to hug yourself because you just feel perfectly comfortable and there are no barriers between your heart and the air. 

We have a meeting with the Superintendent this afternoon.  It should be interesting.  I hope it goes well; I'm feeling nervous about it for some reason.

Ruffers is having a tough time staying in the house for 14 hours while I'm at work (who'd'a thunk it?) so this morning I resolved to leave him in the yard.  I took his bed out there, told him to stay about 10 times, and drove off.  I got all the way to Mark's before my courage left me.  I'd rather clean up a mess in the basement than come home to a dead dog.  So, I turned around and put him in the house.  He was very relieved.  I need to train him with his wireless collar and then will feel better about leaving him home in the yard.  Once Emily moves in, it won't be a big deal, but it's sure a bummer to deal with in the interim.  Just another one of the adjustments to getting the house!

Ok. I'm off to prepare for the big meeting.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment