Sunday, March 22, 2009

Feelin' Groovy...

I slept with the window open last night.

Yup, that's right. Of course, it was mostly to aid the carpet drying efforts in the dining room, but still. I didn't freeze to death. And Heidi and I went for a 4 mile walk last night and I was warm in my jacket. You'd never know I was in Yellowstone!

Before the walk, Jessi & I went up to Mammoth Hotel to watch the high school prom Grand March. It was so fun! I totally caught the excitement that was buzzing around the room and felt nervous and jazzed and hyped. The girls all looked so incredibly beautiful and the boys very handsome. And so young! And full of hope and expectations! Emma, who comes to help me look at bug traps at work about once a month and tells me all the details of her lovely life, looked particularly gorgeous. In the year that I've known her, she's turned into a young lady.

Studying for comps today and then going to Bozeman for a sushi party at Aaron's. Brian and Heather are here from TX and I can't wait to hear what they thought about their first experiences with snow. That's right. They're in their late 20s and have never seen snow before. Those crazy south-central Texans!

No comments:

Post a Comment